Note: Please keep in mind with CSS shipping services that we deliver boxes ( 3 different sizes), tape, bubble wrap, poster tube, marker, and labels to you ahead of time. We also automatically put $500 on every single box or item we ship for you, this is included. We pick up your shipping from you at your residence on or off-campus. We can repack fragile and expensive items for you at our warehouse if you need us to. We have custom boxes for specific items like TVs, bikes, skis and snowboards, and guitars When we ship your items, we email you tracking numbers so you can track your shipment. With everything that we put into our shipping services, we will save you time and money even compared to UPS themselves!
We can ship anything for you like your own boxes, suitcases, ski bags, snowboard bags, duffel bags, and plastic tubs. We can repack for you in custom boxes bikes, TVs, skis, snowboards, skateboards, plastic containers etc... so they arrive safely to you. Relax, we've got it!
Box sizes we give customers for shipping:
Small box used for heavy items such as textbooks, make up, and desk items
The minimum shipping charge for our small box is 21 lbs due to its dimensions
Miscellaneous box used for electronic and bulky items.
The minimum shipping charge for our medium box is 45 lbs due to its dimensions
Clothes box used for things such as bedding, clothing and lighter items.
The minimum shipping charge for our large box is 65 lbs due to its dimensions
CSS Shipping Zones & Rates
|Weight||Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4/5|
|21-25 lbs (CSS SM box)||$40||$45||$50||$55|
|41-45 lbs (CSS Med Box)||$60||$65||$70||$75|
|61-65 lbs (CSS LG box)||$80||$85||$90||$95|
- All shipped packages through CSS automatically include $500 of insurance
- 3 different sizes of boxes, tape, poster tube, labels, marker, and packaging instructions delivered to student ahead of time
- If you have your own boxes please use them
- CSS uses UPS for all of its ground and air shipping in the USA
- Tracking Numbers emailed to you the moment your items are shipped
- We can ship anything! It does not have to go in a box. ( suitcases, ski, and snowboard bags, duffel bags, etc..)
- Call the office or email the office for shipping rates to Alaska and Hawaii
- Your deposit goes towards the boxes ( 3 different sizes), tape, marker, bubble wrap, and poster tube we deliver to you ahead of time for shipping
- All CSS boxes weighing over 80 lbs will be re-packed into 2 boxes to comply with weight limits that the box can withhold and the customer will be charged $50 for the re-packing fee.
- Residential Surcharge- $4 per package or item that we ship. (This is a passed-on UPS surcharge)
- Fuel Surcharge- $5 per package or item fuel surcharge that we ship. (This is a passed-on UPS surcharge)
- Handling fee-UPS surcharge for each item not encased in cardboard. This is a passed-on UPS surcharge (like duffel bags, suitcases, plastic containers, ski bags, etc..) Zone 1 $25, Zone 2-5 $35
- Overweight Packages (over 50 lbs) - Additional UPS overweight surcharge. Zone 1 $30, Zone 2-5 $40
- Urban Surcharge- $4 per item that is shipped to a major city's zip code or out in the country far away from normal UPS routes. All packages delivered inside a major US city or are way out of the way of normal UPS routes will be assessed this charge. (This is a passed-on UPS surcharge)
- We automatically put $500 of UPS insurance on each item or box we ship. This way if UPS damages or loses the item during transit, it's covered. ** Items need to be packed correctly by the customer for UPS to pay out on a damage claim. UPS will deny all damage claims if an item is packed incorrectly and damaged during shipping. If you are unsure about an item being packed correctly for shipping, please ask us when we come to pick it up.
- Additional Insurance- Shipping insurance is $10 for ever $100, just let us know if you require more insurance than the $500 that is included on each shipped item when we pick up your shipping. The maximum insurance per shipped item is $1000 and you must sign for the item when you receive it. Additional insurance on expensive electronics is good to have if you are shipping flat-screen TVs, computers, or fragile glass items, please let us know on pick up if you require extra insurance on a box or fragile item.
- All skis, snowboard, golf, and XL duffel bags UPS DIM weight pricing applies.
- Re-packing fees on most items or boxes are $25-$75 per item, depending on size, and as needed. Customers need to tell us on pick up which items they want to be repacked for shipping so we can note it on their contract and repack this item "s" at our warehouse correctly for UPS shipping so they arrive safely to you.
- UPS Large Package Surcharge- Any package when its length + ( 2 x width )+( 2 x height) exceed over 130" diameter. If you add up these dimensions and the package is over 130 inches there is UPS large package surcharge. (Bike Boxes, LG Boxes, Lg TV boxes, and any other items) - Zone 1- $120, Zone 2-6 $140
- UPS Large Package Surcharge Any package or box whose length is over 96 inches Zone 1- $120, Zone 2-6 $140
- UPS store boxes with dimensions of 22' x 22' x 22' . The minimum shipping rate is 95 lbs.
- Extra-Large Packages - Pieces weighing more than 140 lbs that exceed 165 inches in length and girth combined ("extra-large" packages) may be accepted must be freighted.
- Repacking fee on special items- Flat-screen TVs, Bikes, televisions, golf bags, guitars, framed artwork, longboards, skis, snowboards, and other large items which require special packaging will have an additional fee of $35-$100 for the custom boxes, packaging material, and labor to pack your items safely. We can pack and ship absolutely anything, and if you have a large item not on this list we can certainly take care of it as well for a custom rate. Call or email the office for more information!
- Note: XL package-The length and girth of a package is length plus (2 times the height) + (2 times the width). If the dimension includes a fraction, we round up to the next full number.
Repacking Rates on items:
Re-packing rates listed below include custom boxes but do not include shipping rates.
Small Miscellaneous Items: $25-$50
Large Miscellaneous Items: $50-$100
Electronic Items: $50-$100 (double boxed)
Re-Packed Flatscreen TV: $50-$150 (double boxed)
Bikes: $75 (includes taking bike apart and bike box)
Re-Packed Skis, Snowboards, and Guitars: $30-$50
Repacking a Residence for Shipping pricing:
We charge $100 an hour, a minimum of 2 hours for 1/2 employees to repack a room, or $150 an hour, a minimum of 2 hours for 3 guys to repack a room for shipping. Includes packing material, boxes, and moving items to our warehouse. Custom boxes for TVs, bikes, skis, snowboards, skateboards, guitars are extra and are $10-$45 depending on size.
UPS ground packages surcharge- Any package when its length, plus girth ( 2 x width) + ( 2 x Height) combined exceed 130 inches OR its length exceeds 96 inches. Packages that exceed 130 inches in length and girth will be considered "oversize" packages. All oversize packages will be accessed in Zone 1- $140, Zone 2-6 $160. UPS weight and size rates- check out the UPS website
Boxes that weigh over 50 lbs will be charged a UPS overweight surcharge. The rate is $35 for Zone 1 and $40 for Zone 2-5 The boxes that we hand out to students' maximum weight is 80lbs. CSS ground packages' maximum weight allowed is 80 lbs. Students who give any box over 80 lbs, we will re-pack the box into 2 boxes. The student will also be charged a $25-$50 re-packing fee, plus the shipping rate for both boxes.
Dimensional Weight (Volumetric Weight)
All Shipping customers need to be aware of the DIM weight and that extra shipping charges will apply. Dim weight applies to extra-large boxes and items like Large TVs, Skis, Bikes, and large items. We either order these boxes or make custom boxes for these large items. These items are billed usually not on weight but on the size of the box they are shipped in. The shipping rates that CSS bills for these items will depend on the size of the box the item is shipped in and where it is going.
Transportation charges may be assessed based on dimensional weight, which is a volumetric standard. Dimensional-weight pricing is applicable on a per-package or per-shipment basis to all shipments in customer packaging. UPS packaging may also be subject to dimensional-weight pricing. If the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight, charges based on the dimensional weight will be assessed. Customers who fail to apply the dimensional-weight calculation to a package may be assessed dimensional-weight charges from UPS. See the Dimensional Weight description in the Fees and Other Shipping Information section of the UPS Rates Guide for additional details.
Note: UPS is extremely rough on ground packages. Since Covid, they have even been rougher on them and are short-staffed. We have been dealing with a lot of damage claims. Students who pack their own boxes need to make sure they are packed tight, completely full with no space, and taped very well. Yes, we put $500 of insurance on each item shipped, but if it's packed improperly, and gets damaged on its way to you from Colorado, UPS will deny the claim. Fragile items including TVs and computers are at the top of the list for damage claims we deal with. Also, improperly packed boxes ( only half full or not taped well) come apart and get crushed in the UPS Ground transportation system. We can repack fragile items or repack shipping boxes for you at our warehouse if you let us know when we pick up your shipping. You can also go to the UPS website or google how to pack fragile items correctly for shipping through UPS.
- We'll supply you with as many boxes as you need. The boxes come in three different sizes to help organize your belongings.
- We'll also give you tape, poster tubes, labels and markers.
- We can move any item regardless of size or shape including skiis, bikes, flat screen tv, futons and more!
How It Works:
- Sign up online today and select our basic moving service.
- A week before your schedule pick up date we'll stop by to deliver your packing supplies.
- On the pick up day our professional movers will come to pick up all your items.
- We will deliver your belongings to your new dorm, apartment or house.
- We'll unload all of your items so you can focus on settling in.
Benefits of using CSS
Looking to save time and money this year? Relax, we've got it! College Student Storage offers door-to-door moving, storage and shipping solutions for all of your belongings. Whether you are storing your gear for the summer or an entire semester, we’ve got you covered. CSS is locally owned and operated and has been helping college students across Colorado move and store their belongings for over 20 years!
Why Choose Us:
- Locally Owned & Operated CSS has helped move, store and ship over 20,000 college students in the past 20 years.
- Packing Supplies We provide all your packing supplies like boxes, tape, poster tubes, labels markers and more!
- Only pay for what you store We customize our quotes so you only pay for the space you need.
- Pickup and Delivery Our professional movers will transport your belongings from your residence to our warehouse and back again.
- 24/7 Climate Controlled Warehouses Our warehouses have motion and camera alarm systems, security gates, and daily employees on premises throughout the year.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Moving isn’t fun, but we’re here to help make it as painless as possible. Getting started is quick and easy just follow the steps below:
Sign up today!Enter your name, email and school into the signup form to get started. An email will be sent to you with further instructions.
Pack up your stuffWe’ll deliver boxes, tape, poster tubes, markers and labels to help get you started.
Relax, We’ve Got It!Check your email for schedule and delivery updates then kick back and let us do the rest.