Short Term Storage
CSS Short Term Moving and Storage Services
Many students get caught in between leases at the end of July and in August and need moving services and short-term storage for a few days to a few weeks.
For college students that are between leases and need storage for a few days to a few weeks to a month or longer. We come to your residence and pick up your belongings and then move to our climate-controlled warehouse where they are shrink-wrapped and palletized. Then we will re-deliver all your belongings back to your new residence where ever you have moved on the day you need it.
Furniture is no problem! We bring mattress covers for your bed and have tools for disassembly and assembly of bed frames and large items that can't be moved unless taken apart. We also make sure you get boxes and tape to pack up ahead of time. The benefit of our short-term and moving services isn't about the short-term storage but more about all the moving and heavy lifting that goes along with this service on pickup and delivery.
Give us a call or send us an email and learn how College Student Storage can make your life easier with our short-term moving and storage solutions.
At CSS, we know that every successful move starts with an organized plan of attack. That's why we provide you with 10 boxes ( 4 LG, 3 med, 3 small), tape, blank label paper, tie tags, and a marker. All items that don't fit in a box are fine the way they are.
Large items like furniture, beds, dressers, desk, futons, desk chairs, couches, etc. are also fine. All items should be clearly labeled on multiple sides with your full name and confirmation number for quick identification.
After two decades of working with college students across the Boulder, Fort Collins, and the Denver metro area, we know that no two college careers are created the same. That's why we'll work with you no matter your timeline.
Whether you need short-term moving and storage at one school or if you need it and are moving to another city, from a few days to a few weeks to a few months between leases, we have you covered.
Short-term Storage Rates.
Short-term storage rates vary greatly, depending on how much stuff you will be storing with us and how long it takes us to move it, and if its labeled and packed correctly. Rates are based on how much space you fill up in our warehouse and for the duration that they are stored and how long it takes for us to pick them up and re-deliver them back to you, stairs, assembly, and disassembly on each end can make this process take longer
1. $49 deposit on sign-up is for boxes and tape. Each kit contains 4 LG, 3 medium, 3 small boxes, label paper, tie tags, a roll of tape, and a marker. Our Box kits are staged at:
CU Boulder at the Fitter, located at 1121 13th st, ( 3 doors up from the Fox Theater) This is a local business that has been on the hill for over 20 years. They are open from 10 am- 9 pm Monday-Saturday and 11 am-8 pm on Sundays. Go to the Counter and say you are signed up with College Student Storage, They will give you a box kit and a roll of tape.
CSU at Wellmart at 634 South Mason St, Foco 80524, behind the Pickle Barrel sandwich shop on the North side of the CSU campus by the railroad tracks. they are open 10 am- 5 pm daily. Go to the Counter and say you are signed up with College Student Storage, They will give you a box kit and a roll of tape.
**The label paper, tie tags, and marker are in one of the small boxes of your box kit**
2. Moving fee on pick up and delivery is $175 per hour for 3 guys and a truck to pick up your items. (Minimum rate of 2 hours) This includes drive time to your place from our warehouse in Broomfield, picking up and moving your items to our truck, inventorying them, driving back to our warehouse, in Broomfield or Fort Collins, unloading and inventorying items again, shrink wrapping items on pallets and putting them away in our warehouse. Then the reverse order when students want items returned to them. at your residence, labeling, driving time to our warehouse and unloading items, and putting your items away in the warehouse.
3. We also do light disassembly and assembly of bed frames, put mattress covers on each bed when we show up ($15 each), shrink wrap drawers, and retape up boxes and some labeling.
4. If we have to label everything or repack boxes and items because the student did not and wasn't ready for their pick up there is an EXTRA labeling fee-repacking fee starting at $50 to label everything to $175 per hour to label and repack items depending on what we have to do.
5. We can store anything, EXCEPT GARBAGE BAGS of items, These will be repacked into boxes and the customer will be charged for this repacking service.
6. All TVs have to be boxed. We will do this at our warehouse if the customer has not and the customer will be charged $50-$100 for a custom TV box, bubble wrap, and time depending on the size of the TV.
7. We can store anything, it doesn't have to go in a box. Short Term Storage rates are for a few days to one month of storage and depend on what you have. All large items do not need to go in box-like plastic bins, brooms, garbage cans, rugs, futons, furniture, bikes, beds, couches, etc are fine the way they are, just label well on multiple sides. We even store vehicles indoors for the summer.
8. Our short-term storage price for a few days up to one month is $325 for a bedroom full of items with furniture. $425 for students with a bedroom full of furniture and items plus kitchen and or living room items. $250 for students with no furniture.
9. We can pick up and deliver your storage items (including weekends) to your student's new address on the day they want items delivered back to them, on or off campus. We are closed July 4th and 5th, Sunday, August 21st, and Monday, August 22nd. Our staff is college students and they need to get ready and start classes.
10. If you need our shipping services, they include $500 of insurance on each item I ship, tracking emailed to the student, and repacking services for items like bikes, TVs, etc. if you need them at my warehouse in custom boxes. We use UPS ground services. Shipping prices depend on weight and dimensions and where items are being shipped to. More information is on our website under the shipping link.
Short-term Moving and Storage Quote:
A fair estimate for our short-term moving and storage services for a student living off-campus with a bedroom full of items and furniture, packed and labeled correctly is around $1099 door-to-door. This includes 2 hours of moving on pick up and delivery, short-term storage for a few days to up to a month, boxes and tape ahead of time, and 1 mattress cover. Yes, it can be more and yes it can be less, depending on what the student has and how they pack their items, disassembly, and assembly times for bed frames if items are labeled and boxed correctly, and the stairs we encounter on each end of the pickup and delivery for that student.
- Sign up early! We fill up for this service quickly in late July and early August and have no more room left. We have been overbooked the past 3 summers and have had to turn students and parents away.
- Last-minute sign-ups are based on availability. If we have the room there is an additional late fee charge of $250 within 2 days of signing up and picking up a student's items for this service.
- Mattress covers are extra and are $15, we put them on your bed when we show up. Tv boxes are extra and depend on size either $25 for 40 inches or $35 for 60 inches. Wardrobe boxes are $40
- We can pick up your items in one city, like Boulder, store them, and then re-deliver them to another city like Denver. No problem.
- You need to go into your account, use the blank sticker labels we give you or blank paper and print out labels from your account, and at a minimum put 2 labels on every item you store with us.
- Please label everything ON MULTIPLE SIDES of each item with your name and confirmation #
- Please label all boxes on all 4 sides in marker with your full name @ and confirmation #.
- Do not fill your dresser with items, it will break when we move it. We will have to repack it into boxes.
- We will bring tools to help take apart and disassemble and assemble bed frames on pick up and delivery.
- You need to be ready for us when we show up. If we have to label all your items and repack boxes there will be an additional cost from $50 to $175 per hour, on top of the moving fees.
- We don't mount TV pictures or mirrors on delivery or assemble new furniture you may have purchased.
- If more than one student is at the pickup address using our services, we ask they sign up separately. The discount is $100 per student for multiple students using this service at one address on pick up.
- We don insure particleboard and IKEA furniture if it gets damaged or breaks. These items are made of sawdust and glue and are of poor construction. The bolts and screws that hold it together strip out. Students and parents often put these items together poorly before we pick them up.
- DO NOT PUT THE STICKER LABELS on top of your furniture, they sometimes don't come off that well and you'll have a really tough time getting off the tape residue ( Use hot soapy water and a dish brush to scrub off)
- Do not tape drawers on dressers and desks shut. The tape will pull off the varnish. Let COLLEGE STUDENT STORAGE employees shrink wrap them for you on pick up.
- Labeling all your items, repacking items and boxes, and assembly or disassembly of Ikea furniture and complex bed frames are extra on top of the moving rates. The rate is $175 per hour
Whether you're a student at the University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado State University, or at the University of Denver, CSS will work with you. If you are at any of the other schools we service, please call the office, we can probably help you out. Contact us to get started, and relax while we take care of the heavy lifting.
- We'll supply you with as many boxes as you need. The boxes come in three different sizes to help organize your belongings.
- We'll also give you tape, poster tubes, labels and markers.
- We can move any item regardless of size or shape including skiis, bikes, flat screen tv, futons and more!
How It Works:
- Sign up online today and select our basic moving service.
- A week before your schedule pick up date we'll stop by to deliver your packing supplies.
- On the pick up day our professional movers will come to pick up all your items.
- We will deliver your belongings to your new dorm, apartment or house.
- We'll unload all of your items so you can focus on settling in.
Benefits of using CSS
Looking to save time and money this year? Relax, we've got it! College Student Storage offers door-to-door moving, storage and shipping solutions for all of your belongings. Whether you are storing your gear for the summer or an entire semester, we’ve got you covered. CSS is locally owned and operated and has been helping college students across Colorado move and store their belongings for over 20 years!
Why Choose Us:
- Locally Owned & Operated CSS has helped move, store and ship over 20,000 college students in the past 20 years.
- Packing Supplies We provide all your packing supplies like boxes, tape, poster tubes, labels markers and more!
- Only pay for what you store We customize our quotes so you only pay for the space you need.
- Pickup and Delivery Our professional movers will transport your belongings from your residence to our warehouse and back again.
- 24/7 Climate Controlled Warehouses Our warehouses have motion and camera alarm systems, security gates, and daily employees on premises throughout the year.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Moving isn’t fun, but we’re here to help make it as painless as possible. Getting started is quick and easy just follow the steps below:
Sign up today!Enter your name, email and school into the signup form to get started. An email will be sent to you with further instructions.
Pack up your stuffWe’ll deliver boxes, tape, poster tubes, markers and labels to help get you started.
Relax, We’ve Got It!Check your email for schedule and delivery updates then kick back and let us do the rest.