Whether you're leaving for summer or winter break, going abroad or taking a semester off, CSS can help you out with car storage.
Leaving your car outside on a city street or in a parking lot exposed to the elements isn't always the best or safest option for your vehicle. Learn how you can leave the worry behind and take advantage of our car storage services.
We make short-term and long-term vehicle storage easy by picking up your car at your address. You can even store boxes and other items in your car, as long as we can safely navigate the car on the road. When you return back to school, we'll deliver the car to your new address during your school's delivery time frame.
Climate Controlled Car Storage
Once your vehicle is on-site, it stays in a climate controlled storage facility. The indoor temperature ranges from the mid-60's in the summer to the mid-40's in the winter, so you don't have to worry about your car enduring extreme temperatures. All cars are stored at out Boulder Storage facility because we have a drive-in door for that warehouse.
Vehicle Insurance and Coverage
Stored vehicles must have insurance. Your insurance is your only recourse for compensation for any and all types of damages, loss, or vandalism. We do carry a garage keeper's insurance policy for driving vehicles to and from your address on pickups and deliveries in case of any incident.
All students who store vehicles with CSS need to keep their insurance on their vehicle. We do not cover any damages that may arise during pick up or delivery from weather events, such as hail or rain.
We do not cover items missing, lost or damaged in the vehicle. The student is responsible for any items they leave in their vehicle. If you want items in the vehicle covered, all items need to be written down on the inventory sheet during pick up.
Do you need a vehicle driven out of state?
Some students and parents want their vehicles driven to their home state outside Colorado. We can do this for you. We will drive your vehicle and deliver it to where ever you live.
The cost on this is between $500-$1000 for the driver, plus reimbursement for expenses like food, gas and if needed a hotel room. Plus the cost of a one-way airline ticket for the driver back to Colorado. This service is based on availability. Please call or email us if interested.
Secure Storage Facilities
Our storage facilities are more than just comfortable. The warehouse has a motion and camera alarm system, security gate, and an employee is on premises during the day, every day, throughout the year. This service is available to all of the schools we serve including:
- University of Colorado, Boulder (semester and monthly)
- University of Denver (semester and monthly)
- Colorado College (semester only)
- Colorado State University (semester and monthly)
- Colorado School of Mines (semester and monthly)
- Naropa University ( semester and monthly)
- Regis University (semester and monthly during Summer months)
- UNC-Greeley ( semester only)
We make it easy to bundle your car storage with our other CSS services like moving and storage, shipping, and hauling. At the end of our car storage contract, your vehicle will be delivered to the address you provide.
Car Storage Pricing:
Although summer break is the most popular for our car storage services, we find that students who study abroad, take a semester off, or want their car stored over winter break to find great use with this service as well. CSS provides storage during the following periods and semesters (prices vary per semester):
- Summer storage-( May-August ~ 4 months)- $1359
- 1-month Summer car storage- $359
- Fall semester- (August (1st day of classes - January 15th ~ 5 months) - $1559
- Spring semester- (January (1st day of classes)- May 15th ~ 5 months) - $1559
- 1-month car storage- $459 ( Winter break car storage CU Boulder)
- 1-month car storage- $609 ( Winter break car storage all other schools-includes drive time on pick up and delivery)
- 1-year car storage - $3600
Many students pack their cars full of their items. This is fine. We can deliver boxes and tape to you ahead of time as well if you need them. We ask to please save us room to drive it through to and from the warehouse. Your car is stored in a safe and alarmed warehouse that was just built in 2014. The property also has a security gate on it. Someone is on site 5-6 days a week as well.
With our CSS vehicle storage service, if you have other items that you need to be stored that will not fit into your vehicle (like furniture, bikes, skis, snowboards, futons, etc.) You automatically get $100 off your other storage when storing a vehicle with CSS (per semester).
*Special pick up and delivery fee*
The cost is $100 for a special pick up or delivery of your vehicle at all schools we service except CU Boulder.
We are located in Boulder. If you would like your car picked up or delivered before or after winter break, or not on a designated pick up or delivery date when school lets in and out for summer break there is an extra cost for us to do this.
- All car batteries will be disconnected at the time of storage. This is to save the life of the battery. Too many new vehicles have numerous power draws on the battery even when they are being stored. The battery will be connected back up upon delivery.
- If your car has a special code when the battery is turned back on, you need to give it to us at the time of pick up. If your battery is dead when we re-hook it up to your vehicle, we will charge it.
- If it does not hold a charge and is dead, we are not responsible. We can easily order you a new battery and have it installed for you at cost.
- Sometimes car batteries just die. We will replace your battery for you. The cost of this is $50 plus the cost of the new battery. We take the dead battery to the Auto parts store and get you an identical one, install it, bill the credit card on file and then staple the receipt to your contract
Car Storage Insurance
We do not offer insurance on stored vehicles. The customer is responsible for carrying insurance on them.
For pricing please visit our storage pricing page or, if you have more questions, please visit our FAQ page.
*Car storage by month is only available at CU-Boulder and CU-Denver.
- We'll supply you with as many boxes as you need. The boxes come in three different sizes to help organize your belongings.
- We'll also give you tape, poster tubes, labels and markers.
- We can move any item regardless of size or shape including skiis, bikes, flat screen tv, futons and more!
How It Works:
- Sign up online today and select our basic moving service.
- A week before your schedule pick up date we'll stop by to deliver your packing supplies.
- On the pick up day our professional movers will come to pick up all your items.
- We will deliver your belongings to your new dorm, apartment or house.
- We'll unload all of your items so you can focus on settling in.
Benefits of using CSS
Looking to save time and money this year? Relax, we've got it! College Student Storage offers door-to-door moving, storage and shipping solutions for all of your belongings. Whether you are storing your gear for the summer or an entire semester, we’ve got you covered. CSS is locally owned and operated and has been helping college students across Colorado move and store their belongings for over 20 years!
Why Choose Us:
- Locally Owned & Operated CSS has helped move, store and ship over 20,000 college students in the past 20 years.
- Packing Supplies We provide all your packing supplies like boxes, tape, poster tubes, labels markers and more!
- Only pay for what you store We customize our quotes so you only pay for the space you need.
- Pickup and Delivery Our professional movers will transport your belongings from your residence to our warehouse and back again.
- 24/7 Climate Controlled Warehouses Our warehouses have motion and camera alarm systems, security gates, and daily employees on premises throughout the year.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
Moving isn’t fun, but we’re here to help make it as painless as possible. Getting started is quick and easy just follow the steps below:
Sign up today!Enter your name, email and school into the signup form to get started. An email will be sent to you with further instructions.
Pack up your stuffWe’ll deliver boxes, tape, poster tubes, markers and labels to help get you started.
Relax, We’ve Got It!Check your email for schedule and delivery updates then kick back and let us do the rest.